Democratizing textbooks for the 21st century
The Runestone Interactive project does three things:
- Provides great online interactive textbooks for free
- Develops open source authoring and course management tools for creating quality interactive learning resources.
- Hosts custom versions of textbooks in the cloud for colleges, universities, and high schools around the world.
Started in 2011, the first versions of Runestone textbooks went public in June 2012, we have since grown to over 20,000 students a day, and are used in over 600 institutions around the world.
Meet the Team
Professor, Computer Science, Luther College. Brad Founded Runestone Interactive while on Sabbatical in 2011.
Professor, Computer Science, Luther College
Professor, College of Computing at Georgia Tech
Director of Computing Outreach, Sr. Research Scientist, Georgia Tech
More about Barbara
Professor, University of Michigan School of Information
More about Paul
- Vipul Thakur, Masters - Georgia Tech
- Isaac Dontje-Lindell - Luther College
- Isaiah Meyerchak - Luther College
- Kirby Olson - Luther College
- Kyle Miller - Luther College
- Devin Hanggi - Luther College
- Tyler Conzett -- Luther College
- Hillary Gardner -- Luther College
Runestone Interactive would not be what it is without the components from other open source projects
- Online Python Tutor-- Philip Guo's excellent project for visualizing Python Programs
- Sphinx-- Python Documentation Generator
- Parson's Problems-- An open source library developed by Ville Karavirta
- Blockly-- An open source project for a blocks based language